Winchester Street Theatre
Winchester Street Theatre
The health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff is our foremost priority.
Proof of Vaccination
The Province of Ontario has announced a mandatory vaccination policy for theatres and concert venues. All patrons, 12 years of age or older, must provide proof of vaccination to attend performances at the Winchester Street Theatre
- The date of attendance must be at least 14 days after receiving the approved full series of vaccines by Public Health Canada or a combination of accepted vaccines.
- An official proof of vaccination receipt — displayed either on a smartphone or a physical copy of the proof of vaccination — must be presented at time of entry with your performance ticket along with one government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, health card or passport). Ontario residents can access their official vaccine receipts at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
- No exemptions or accommodations, including medical or religious, to the vaccination policy will be granted. This policy applies to all audience members, staff and artists who enter the Winchester Street Theatre
- All staff, as well as all renters, musicians, and technicians must adhere to the company policy and be fully vaccinated.
Children Under 12 Require a Negative COVID-19 Test
- Children under 12, who are not fully vaccinated or have received only one dose of the vaccination, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test, taken no more than 48 hours before the performance, or a negative PCR test, taken no more 72 hours before the performance.
- An email confirmation, paper receipt, or screenshot/photo of the receipt will be accepted and must be shown when you arrive at the theatre. Rapid antigen tests are available at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- At home rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
- The negative test is required even for children who have received their first dose of the vaccine.
- Children under 12 who are fully vaccinated must provide official proof of vaccination and government issued ID, as listed above and are not required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Arriving at the Theatre
- Please ensure you have all your documents ready before entering the venue. Patrons are asked to arrive one hour before the start of the performance to allow enough time for front of house staff to check documents and tickets.
- Patrons who are not able to provide proof of vaccination, and children under 12 without an official negative test result, will not be permitted to enter the facility or attend the performance.
For the safety of all, patrons under quarantine or isolation, or who have been exposed or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, must not come to the theatre.
For the safety of every performer, staff member, and audience member, you must keep your mask on in the auditorium and in the lobby, ensuring that your nose and chin are covered at all times. Those who choose not to comply will be asked to leave the theatre. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Capacities and Seating
- As per the Province of Ontario’s recent policy, the Winchester Street Theatre is operating at 50% capacity with 50 seats being available. Please note, as per Ontario Public Health policy, seating in the theatre does not have to be socially distanced when audience members are fully vaccinated and masked. You may be seated beside another audience member.
All visitors to Winchester Street Theatre, studios and offices must first prescreen each day before leaving home.
Email your results to Health@TTDF.ca
If you are unable to access or use the prescreening link provided above, we do provide a paper version at our lobby entrance.